Posts Tagged facebook
By Alex Webb
I haven’t got an iPad, but, like any self-respecting Apple fan, I want one. Sorry – “I want never gets” – I would like one.
One of the reasons is this, Flipboard. It’s an app which draws all the articles, webpages and photos your friends link to on Facebook and Twitter, then automatically compiles them into an iPad-style magazine.
Obviously the downside of not having an iPad yet is that I haven’t been able to get to grips with the app first-hand. Nonetheless, some of its implications could be pretty interesting. It seems clear that it will make those who have it far more selective in whom they follow on Twitter – they will not want their Flipboard to be filled with the dross that some friends post. I do not imagine that every Twitter user will have Flipboard, but for those that do, there will surely be a polarisation of interest groups: there is no point in clogging up your Flipboard with fields in which you’re not interested, after all.
It is a pertinent paradigm of where journalism might head: a combination of the user-generated and professional journalism, crystallising what Twitter already does.
- RT @sonymusicuk: RT & follow for a chance to #WIN tickets to @MileyCyrus' #BangerzTour at the @Phones4uArena on May 14th! #WinMileyTix http… 5 years ago
- RT @syco: LADIES & GENTS…the time has come! @LittleMix give you the #SALUTEVIDEO! Watch: youtu.be/Kjpa0SMOug0 #PreOrderSalute http://t.co… 5 years ago
- RT @syco: Good luck to @onedirection's @Real_Liam_Payne, @Louis_Tomlinson, @zaynmalik, @Harry_Styles & @NiallOfficial who start #WWATour TO… 5 years ago
- RT @syco: It's Friday, it's Easter weekend and @onedirection's #YouAndIVideo is out today. Good things come in threes it seems! http://t.co… 5 years ago
- RT @SYCO_NEWS: If you haven't heard already (where have you been?) @onedirection's #YouAndI video is out in 3 days! Who's excited? http://t… 5 years ago
you generated content7/7 Afghanistan army Ashton Kutcher bbc Billy Carnegie blog cablegate celebrities censorship charing cross citizen citizen journalism CNN iReport comment communities community content dailymail Daily Telegraph debate Demotix Donald McMaster douglas rushkoff eastern europe Emily Bell generated gervais gossip Guardian harassment huffington post IED Iraq japan journalism legal libel london london underground Mail Online moderation money NBC news newspapers novinky online journalism participation Paul Bradshaw Peter McQuaid post power responsibility ricky gervais Royal Regiment of Scotland social media soldier telegraph tfl the times tsunami tube twitter ugc underground user user generated content video why wifi wikileaks writing for free yougeneration Youtube